Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Flowering Thistle

For a dinner party I had tonight, my flower arrangement featured - what else? - an artichoke...along with some vibrant pink roses, carmine amaryllis, fragrant stargazer lilies, wispy snapdragons, waxy lemon leaves, and piquant rosemary. It's been a long time since I was a florist, but I still love working with flowers. The scents. The colors. All the texures.

I try to cook a different cuisine every month, just to expand my culinary repertoire and have some fun. Tonight was a South African Soiree to celebrate Brian's 37th birthday. It was a wild success!

Here's what was on the menu...Boontjiesop, Bobotie, Geelrys, Apple Sambal, Carrot Sambal, Cucumber Sambal, Candied Kumquats, Preserved Lemons and Melktert for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment